Below is a short list of the facilities there will be at SHA2017.
- Highlights of this will be written in the Booklet.
- Team:Info will bug every team to write their stuff here.
Basic infra before and after the event
The terrain has permanent basic facilities: showers, toilets and power.
Using a scale-up approach more facilities will become available as more angels and orga are on the terrain. It will start with the sanitary cabin next to the orga field.
Permanent facilities include:
- Sanitary cabins at 3 locations: showers, toilets, sinks
- Extra toilets at 2 more locations
- Basic power at 10+ locations - Only for devices not consuming too much power. Do switch when the power generators are on.
- A lot of birds, trees, nature
The map of the terrain can be seen at https://map.sha2017.org
If you arrive by car or motorcycle, you cannot take it on the terrain. There is a parking lot opposite to the terrain.
- You need a ticket for the parking
- The parking lot is closed for new cars from 00:00 to 6:00, please plan your trip so you arrive well before 00:00 or after 06:00.
- You are not allowed to camp on or near the parking lot
If something goes wrong, when accidents happen...team safety is there for you
- First Aid station and the Security tent on the main orga area.
- 24/7 support in case of first aid, fire on land and on the water
- an awesome time as a volunteer with us (golf-cart, gator,bikes and free training !)
We ask of you:
- In case of an emergency please contact team Safety, call 2222 on your dect phone to contact our operator or talk to anyone with a handheld radio, state the nature of the emergency and tell us the exact location.
- No Open fire (charcoal bbq, campfires) allowed anywhere on the terrain.
- No black water dumping in any open water (lakes, ponds and harbour)
- When using a boot the skipper is always responsible (please be careful) or ask the harbour authority for assistance or advice.
- Please drink enough water, remember Mate != Water
More to follow somewhere end of may.....
The information desk (or info desk) is the first and main place to contact if you have any kind of problem or question. It is located in the portacabin complex and is reachable online via email@example.com or twitter @SHA2017Infodesk
Our friendly crew will try to help you, especially if you:
- need information
- think that the orga crew of the camp should be informed about an incident
- need a train/plane/spaceship ticket printed ASAP and NOW!!!! (if you ask nicely)
- need directions to a another venue off-field
- have a question regarding the organization of the camp
- feel lost and want to know where to get Club Mate to get back in touch with life
- and if we're not busy helping people, we are also nice to have a chat with.
Angel / volunteer catering and support
The SHA2017 event can't happen without volunteers, so the Volunteers team is there to make sure all visitors who want to volunteer can do so and get all the TLC they need.
If you (maybe) want to volunteer register an account at https://volunteer.sha2017.org/ and once you arrive at the campsite walk over to the volunteer desk at the center of the camp to let us know you're here. There you will receive further instructions about how you can help. No strings attached, you decide how many shifts you want to do. If you do volunteer, however, expect a free and healthy meal, a lot of people who are happy to see you, and a warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside!
- The angelsystem to register as angel and self assignment to shifts
- Heaven: tents where all volunteers and crews can chill out
- food and drinks for volunteers and crew, also during buildup and teardown
- Distribution of food tokens for volunteers
- Volunteer coordinators to answer questions from volunteers and to make sure all teams get the help they need
As efficiënt as hackers get, there are always some bits left over. Fortunately team:Waste has your back! We organize the trash-bins, empty them on a regular basis and get everything away from the field.
- about 100 bins scattered throughout SHA2017 to get rid of your 'regular household' trash.
- Arranging the emptying of said bins
- about 20 buckets with sand for dunking your cigarettes
- an awesome time as a volunteer with us (golf-cart!)
We do not provide:
- Large or hazardous waste removal
- Waste removal service on Chriet Titulaer island
We ask of you:
- Drop trash in bins. Not around the field.
- Please do not dispose of sharp objects in the trash, think of our safety! (package it well if you absolutely need to!)
- Report (using the QR code on the front of the bin) the status of a bin. It's fun, helps us and creates cool stats!
- Take home what you bring to the field. Do not leave your tent, sofa's, projects etc.