Below is a short list of the facilities there will be at SHA2017.
- Highlights of this will be written in the Booklet.
- Team:Info will bug every team to write their stuff here.
Basic infra before and after the event
The terrain has permanent basic facilities: showers, toilets and power.
Using a scale-up approach more facilities will become available as more angels and orga are on the terrain. It will start with the sanitary cabin next to the orga field.
Permanent facilities include:
- Sanitary cabins at 3 locations: showers, toilets, sinks
- Extra toilets at 2 more locations
- Basic power at 10+ locations - Only for devices not consuming too much power. Do switch when the power generators are on. Schuko is recommended, there are no 16A blue CEE sockets.
- A lot of birds, trees, nature
The map of the terrain can be seen at https://map.sha2017.org
If you arrive by car or motorcycle, you cannot take it on the terrain. There is a parking lot opposite to the terrain.
- You need a ticket for the parking
- The parking lot is closed for new cars from 00:00 to 6:00, please plan your trip so you arrive well before 00:00 or after 06:00.
- You are not allowed to camp on or near the parking lot
If something goes wrong, when accidents happen...team safety is there for you
- First Aid station and the Security tent on the main orga area.
- 24/7 support in case of first aid, fire on land and on the water
- an awesome time as a volunteer with us (golf-cart, gator,bikes and free training !)
We ask of you:
- In case of an emergency please contact team Safety, call 2222 on your dect phone to contact our operator or talk to anyone with a handheld radio, state the nature of the emergency and tell us the exact location.
- No Open fire (charcoal bbq, campfires) allowed anywhere on the terrain.
- No black water dumping in any open water (lakes, ponds and harbour)
- When using a boot the skipper is always responsible (please be careful) or ask the harbour authority for assistance or advice.
- Please drink enough water, remember Mate != Water
More to follow somewhere end of may.....
All official lectures will be recorded and streamed live, unless stated otherwise. After SHA2017, the complete archive of these recordings will be published online. The official SHA content venues are:
- Lecture tent No: Goldwasser field
- Lecture tent Pa: Goldwasser field
- Lecture tent Re: Liskov field
- Workshop tent Pi: Liskov field
- Workshop tent Tau: Liskov field
- Tardis room: Somewhere on the field.
There are also villages that host the official content:
- Explody: Flowers field
- Family village: Boole field
Additionally, several villages have composed content schedules of their own. If your village is presenting lectures and/or workshops, and you want to add these to the listed programme, please contact the Speakerdesk via xxxx.
The information desk (or info desk) is the first and main place to contact if you have any kind of problem or question. It is located in the portacabin complex and is reachable online via firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter @SHA2017Infodesk
Our friendly crew will try to help you, especially if you:
- need information
- think that the orga crew of the camp should be informed about an incident
- need a train/plane/spaceship ticket printed ASAP and NOW!!!! (if you ask nicely)
- need directions to a another venue off-field
- have a question regarding the organization of the camp
- feel lost and want to know where to get Club Mate to get back in touch with life
- and if we're not busy helping people, we are also nice to have a chat with.
Angel / volunteer catering and support
The SHA2017 event can't happen without volunteers, so the Volunteers team is there to make sure all visitors who want to volunteer can do so and get all the TLC they need.
If you (maybe) want to volunteer register an account at https://volunteer.sha2017.org/ and once you arrive at the campsite walk over to the volunteer desk at the center of the camp to let us know you're here. There you will receive further instructions about how you can help. No strings attached, you decide how many shifts you want to do. If you do volunteer, however, expect a free and healthy meal, a lot of people who are happy to see you, and a warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside!
- The angelsystem to register as angel and self assignment to shifts
- A Heaven village with a big tent, a tarp and a campfire in the evening where all volunteers and crews can chill out
- food and drinks for volunteers and crew, also during buildup and teardown
- Distribution of food tokens for volunteers
- Volunteer coordinators to answer questions from volunteers and to make sure all teams get the help they need
Food and drinks
To replenish you anytime, we have three bars and a food court to serve you.
- Arcade bar - Refuel you game spirit
- Location: the Arcade tent on Torvalds field
- Open from noon until midnight
- Silent Lounge bar - Recharge quietly from all event hectics
- Location: next to the harbour on Hopper field
- Open between 1PM and 1AM
- Main bar - Serving Hackers Always
- Location: next to the stages on Goldwasser field
- Opened 24 hours per day
Here we provide regular and special beer, wine, plenty of Mate and all kinds of soft drinks.Next to that, there will be hot beverages like coffee and tea to keep you company at breakfast. Need a snack? Salt and sweet bites will be there to accompany you and your SHA fellows. At the main bar, crisp toasties will be prepped on request.
Due to local policy, alcoholic beverages will only be available from 2pm until 2am, and you need to be at least 18 years old to obtain these.
- Food Court - Solid stuff
- Location: Hamilton Field
- Opening hours differ by vendor
In the food court, you will find many vendors who will offer a wide array of choice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
In return for your serving requests we expect payment in event-coins, which can be obtained at the main bar or the infodesk.
A deposit may be required for specific products.
Team bar and the Food Court are looking forward to welcome you and be of service.
As efficiënt as hackers get, there are always some bits left over. Fortunately team:Waste has your back! We organize the trash-bins, empty them on a regular basis and get everything away from the field.
- about 100 bins scattered throughout SHA2017 to get rid of your 'regular household' trash.
- Arranging the emptying of said bins
- about 20 buckets with sand for dunking your cigarettes
- an awesome time as a volunteer with us (golf-cart!)
We do not provide:
- Large or hazardous waste removal
- Waste removal service on Chriet Titulaer island
We ask of you:
- Drop trash in bins. Not around the field.
- Please do not dispose of sharp objects in the trash, think of our safety! (package it well if you absolutely need to!)
- Report (using the QR code on the front of the bin) the status of a bin. It's fun, helps us and creates cool stats!
- Take home what you bring to the field. Do not leave your tent, sofa's, projects etc.
The distibution cabinets deployed on the fields can be used to power your stuff. Be kind and share your power with your neighbours. Keep things dry! Use SCHUKO plugs, we don't facilitate the BLUE 16A CEE plugs! There are some 400V/32A 5pol. sockets too for villages and bigger projects. Consult team power at email@example.com if you need to use one of those for big stuff like pizza ovens, you cannot use full power everywhere.
There's an experimental 42V DC grid too! More info here!
See Network for all information. Both wired and wireless network will be available.
There will be a phone network available on-site. See Phone for more information.