Travel options from UK
From SHA2017 Wiki
Revision as of 22:15, 22 January 2017 by Mat
As I was working out the best method to get to SHA from the UK I thought I might as well document it on the Wiki...
- Travel in time to arrive at some point 3 August 2017, but some tickets aren't available for that date yet so prices are guessed based on earlier dates.
- One is considering sensible options. While you could come by boat or hovercraft that's a bit of a stupid idea to cross the channel and you'll probably die.
- Coming by light aircraft is perfectly sensible and sane, you probably won't die, but is a bit silly. Nearest airfields are:
- I'm coming from Northampton, but will probably make this kinda London-centric as that's the way the UK works.
- Assuming travelling alone, hackers travelling in groups will be cheaper.
Google Maps suggests via the E40.
|Detail||Journey time||Mileage||Round trip cost|
|Fuel||£130 according to AA mileage planner|
|Ferry Dover-Calais||£114 (DFDS)|
Train - Eurostar
|Northampton||09:05||10:18||1:13||London Euston||Crabby British train|
|London St. Pancras International||10:58||14:05||3:07||Bruxelles-Midi||Eurostar|
|Bruxelles Midi||14:52||16:02||Rotterdam Centraal||1:10||Thalys|
Train - Rail & Sail (overnight)
- London Euston
- London Liverpool Street
- Hook van Holland (overnight leg)
|Overnight||£222 + UK train to London|