Village:Free Software Foundation Europe
|Village Name||Free Software Foundation Europe|
|Generated SHA Flag (experiment here)|
|Contact||Erik Albers - https://fsfe.org/about/albers/albers|
|Part of Cluster||Cluster:Lamarr South|
|Description||The Free Software Foundation Europe is dedicated to spread software freedom as one way into a Free Society. We do lobbying & public relations and we offer legal advice and interest representation of and for every Free Software project. This village is hosted for and by our members, friends and supporters to offer a common space to discuss, meet, hack and organise. Let's put the hacking back into politics!|
Edit your membership on your user page, here, and then on "edit with form" at the top.
|Self-organized Sessions|| |
|Interests||free software, gnu, gpl, encryption, gnupg, free society, privacy, activism|
|Registered on||3 May 2017 14:11:52|
|Hosts self-organized sessions||Yes|
|Other villages by tags...|
|Preferred Location||52° 17' 0", 5° 31' 30"|
|Preferred Field||Lamarr Field|
|14mRh4X0r||Thu Aug 3 0:00||Tue Aug 8 0:00|
|Eal||Thu Aug 3 0:00||Tue Aug 8 0:00|
|Nico||Thu Aug 3 0:00||Tue Aug 8 0:00|
|comzeradd||Thu Aug 3 13:00||Tue Aug 8 14:00|
|multimho||Thu Aug 3 0:00||Wed Aug 9 0:00|
|polmal||Thu Aug 3 0:00||Tue Aug 8 0:00|
|6 inhabitants. Refresh this list. You can add yourself to a village by editing your profile page, here.|
|Needs network||Villages describe network needs|
|Village plans||... build up a big tent|
|Village comments plans|
|Provides transport for|
|Has plans with tracks|
|Has order interest|
- 1 Our sessions
- 1.1 Public Money Public Code by polmal
- 1.2 Secure communications hardware by mho
- 1.3 What code are you running? by Nico
- 1.4 Free Software in the Dutch public sector by Nico
- 1.5 How to make use of democratic elections for your own purpose
- 1.6 Pimp your Android(-fork) with the best Free Software apps (live + interactive)
- 2 noGame@Sha-Camp or The ultimate Free Software challenge
- 3 Free Software Song sing-along at the FSFE Assembly
- 4 About the Free Software Foundation Europe:
- Friday, August 4, 17:20 @ the Italian embassy
Secure communications hardware by mho Friday, August 4, 18:30 @ the Italian embassy
What code are you running? by Nico Monday, August 7, 12:30 @ the Italian embassy
Free Software in the Dutch public sector by Nico Saturday, August 5, 12:30 @ the Italian embassy
- , tba
- Free Software Song sing-along
- Project:Free Software song choir
- The ultimate Free Software challenge
We would love to self-host more sessions. If you have space for us, please contact us.
noGame@Sha-Camp or The ultimate Free Software challenge
If you have been at the 33C3 you know that there will be noGame at the FSFE-Assembly : ) However, you can try the ultimate Free Software challenge that will let you dig deep into the history of Free Software, so deep that you might reach the big-bang-moment of Free Software. Be prepared for an inspiring and challenging journey and bring some friends (or any randomly allocated companionship) to pass it together. You know, sharing is caring!
Free Software Song sing-along at the FSFE Assembly
"Join us now and ..." sing together the Free Software song!
Everyday at 11:00 am at the Assembly of the Free Software Foundation Europe we will sing the Free Software song; we have the lyrics and a conductor. Simply come, bring your hacker buddies and your voice and maybe an instrument and we form an ad-hoc choir and sing all together the Free Software Song!
Project:Free Software song choir
In addition, for the first time, we are running a project to form a choir that performs the Free Software song on stage on day 3. In a second round we will turn the act into a crowdsinging-experience. Don't miss this chance to make a momentum of SHA2017.
More details to come!
If you are interested in the choir or you have a stage and like the choir to perform at your place, get in contact.
About the Free Software Foundation Europe:
Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology.
Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives. It is important that this technology empowers rather than restricts us. Free Software gives everybody the rights to use, understand, adapt and share software. These rights help support other fundamental rights like freedom of speech, freedom of press and privacy.
Free Software Foundation Europe:
- Helps individuals and organisations to understand how Free Software contributes to freedom, transparency, and self-determination.
- Enhances users' rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software adoption.
- Encourages people to use and develop Free Software.
- Provides resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software in Europe