Take a look at Press/coverage and add coverage!
Do you want to tell press something? Do you want them away from your village?
Press guides (the angel volunteer press helper people!)
Requirements: some experience with press, and affinity with (previous) hacker camps. Please introduce yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org and enroll on Engelsystem: https://volunteer.sha2017.org/?p=angeltypes&action=view&angeltype_id=10
Three kinds of shifts:
- you're on call, media shows up, the coordinators call you and tell you to pick the team up
- we've linked you with a certain press outlet that have announced themselves, and you pick them up at the arranged time
- you are not on call but we call you because there's more journalists that want to have a tour.
- You wear an angel and a press badge to show visitors you can help them
- You pick up press from the entrance or info desk.
- You give them a general introduction on how you're going to help them, and the rules (see https://sha2017.org/press)
- You give them a general introduction on what SHA2017 is, why, and what we do (see https://sha2017.org/press)
- You show them around the field, help them respect privacy
- If the journalists have an appointment for an interview, introduce them to their interviewee.
- If they want to interview a speaker, you can bring them to Facilities/Speakerdesk.
- If they want to interview orga, dial 1212 for infodesk coordinators
You help collect interesting facts to share with the press. You share your own experiences with the journalists if they want them, but refer to the spokespersons for statements from the organisation.
In short you help in three ways:
- Refer journalists to Speakerdesk for interviews with speakers.
- Refer journalists to the Shortlist of Spokespeople.
- Suggest projects & villages from Press/tell and add stuff there from your own experience.
Preparation for the guides
Bring a DECT phone and preferably a cell phone too, please. Do some reading so you're prepared for the basic questions:
- https://sha2017.org/press (the rules, the story)
- the press statements we'll be using so you can refer to those
- the program if you like
- the booklet and the map.
Set up a meeting with DWizzy so he'll set you up further. We'll coordinate mostly from the info desk.
- one per (overlapping) shift, 3 hr shifts, office hours: 10-13h, 12-15h, 14:30-17h.
The shifts are 'on call' shifts; if there's no journalist to show around, you might up not having to do anything. If there are more journalists than we can handle at that moment we might call you and ask you if you're available.
Rules for press
The rules and press package can be found on https://sha2017.org/press