|Exact name||Popcorn for brain reserach fundraising|
|Generated SHA Flag with Name (experiment here)|
|Description||A Blinken-light overloaded, AC/DC blasting, TiLDA Mkπ badge enabled popcorn machine. All proceeds from sales are donated to the brain research fund.|
|Persons working on|| Gori
Edit specify you're working on this project on your user page, here... and then on "edit with form" at the top.
|Tags||ADHD, Charity, hersenstichting|
|Located at village||Village:Family Village, Village:Another Castle|
The main goal of this project is to raise awareness about mental health, specifically AD(H)D and autism spectrum disorders, which are both more common in this community than at population at large. Secondary goal is to raise funds for the hersenstichting.nl, or "Brain foundation" a Dutch brain research and mental health care foundation. Please do not confuse it with the stichtingbrein.nl, who are
a bunch of rabid weasels the dutch copyright mafia. And third goal, well, popcorn, lots and lots of popcorn...
General mental health
- Wikipedia page
- PsyQ ADHD centre is the Dutch expertise center for AD(H)D in adults in The Hague. They have an excellent self-test if you suspect you might have AD(H)D
- The Dutch AD(H)D network is a society linking doctors, researchers and patients together
Autism spectrum disorder
- A second hand Paragon Theater Pop 8 machine. It even comes with a full technical manual.
- TiLDA Mkπ board, acquired during the wonderful EMF 2016 camp
- Set of 10W speakers, salvaged from an old Phillips TV
- YX5300 UART MP3 player, clone of a Catalex serial MP3 player.
- 5W stereo amplifier
- Meanwell 100W 5V power supply Slight overkill, we need about 60W for the NeoPixels full on and full volume music, but it is good to get extra power, as the power output drops as things get hot above the kettle.
- 5m NeoPixel RGB strip
- 2 turbine-style server fans, out of an old SunSfire x2200
- Random thermally stable wires, protoboard and some extra caps for buffering the 5V and filtering noise.
- Omniulux 40W UV/Blacklight lamp to replace the boring display lamp.